Prepare your Apple Watch for Service
Unpair your Apple Watch
When you unpair, your iPhone will try to create a backup of your Apple Watch. When your device returns from service, you can use the backup to restore your Apple Watch.
Follow these steps to unpair your devices:
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap your watch name at the top of the screen.
- Tap next to the device that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch. For Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) or Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), tap Remove [Carrier] Plan.
- Enter your Apple ID password. If you forgot your Apple ID password, you can reset it.
- Tap again to confirm.
If you don’t have your iPhone, but your Apple Watch is working, you can erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. For Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) or Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), tap Erase All to remove your plan.